For most users the downloading part is straight-forward: you just click on the download link and it downloads to the usual location.
However for some users they find that when they click on the download link, it seems to think that it’s an Internet Explorer file or some other strange file type. The reason for this is that sometimes the file extension type (.zip in this case) can end up being associated with some other application so clicking on the link will cause the operating system to try to open that application. If you are finding this then the thing to do is to right-click on the download link instead and select an option to save the file. The exact option to choose will depend on your browser but it should be fairly obvious.
The “Save Link As…” option is the one to choose for Firefox
Once the file has been downloaded then you can carry on processing it in the usual way
Main Trading Heroes Support FAQ Page
Note, please ensure that you’ve already gone through the various other points on the Support FAQ page first. See here.
If you’re still having problems with not getting push notifications to your phone then please go through the following steps. This will usually sort out the issue.
- Make sure that you’ve also done your push notification test already (see here).
- Now set up a chart on M1 timeframe (to ensure that you quickly get some alerts to work with) with the alert indicator applied to it. Also make the alert criteria easy to trigger. You are wanting to trigger some test alerts as quickly as possible. You can set up a few charts like this if you want to hurry things along.
- Make sure that you’ve got desktop alerts set to true (DoAlerts = True) and also push notifications set to true (DoNotifications = True)
Screenshot showing test input settings
- Now leave this running until the M1 chart generates an alert on your desktop. You should see a pop-up message with the alert and also hear a notification
- Check your phone – you should get a notification message on your phone at the same time.
If you are still having problems after this then please get back in touch with us and we will take a look.
Main Support FAQ Page