By default the Simple RSI Alert indicator will plots just two levels in the RSI subwindow which correspond to the overbought and the oversold levels. However, some users like to have more than just two levels showing. However, you have to be careful as when the indicator is loaded into a chart it automatically creates two levels at the top of the list. So in order to add extra levels and not to have them overwritten each time you load the indicator, you have to do things in the correct order. Please follow the instructions below.
1. Add the indicator to a new chart. Set the overbought and oversold levels in the inputs to the desired values but don’t add any extra levels on the levels pane. Click OK to add this to the chart.
2. This will plot the indicator and will automatically create the two levels on the chart
3. Now do Ctrl-I (or right-click | Indicator List…), select the RSI indicator and click the Edit button
4. You will see the two levels which have been added to the levels pane. You can now add more levels as desired and they will not be changed every time the chart reloads
Adding extra levels on the Levels panel
Once you’ve set up your extra levels in the correct order as described above then they should correctly load each time. If you want to apply this set-up to other charts the easiest way to do this is to create a template. Set up a chart as you want it and then save it as a template – use the Charts | Template | Save Template menu option to save it. Then every time you want to apply this layout to a new chart just use Charts | Template | Load Template to apply it to the new chart. Alternatively you can use the template button where you will find both the save and the load options in the dropdown on the button.
The templates button
This page gives links to all the various support issues that you might have when installing and using your Trading Heroes Simple RSI Alert Indicator.
1. Issue: I can’t download or install my indicator
- If you are having problems downloading your purchase
1a) See this post here
- Have you unzipped your download file first?
1b) See this post here.
- Have you followed the installation instructions?
1c) See this post here.
2. Issue: I can’t get alert notifications to work on my phone
- Do you have the indicator running for that timeframe and symbol?
2a) It will only send alerts if the indicator is running on the chart constantly and only for that one timeframe. To cover multiple timeframes you need the indicator running on multiple charts
- Have you set up push notifications and successfully sent a test message?
2b) See here.
- Have you switched on the push notifications in the inputs?
2c) To do this set “Do notifications” to true in the inputs and try again.
- Do troubleshooting test to work out what’s going on:
2d) Do this troubleshooting test which should sort it out. See here.
3. Issue: I can’t save multiple levels on my indicator
- 3a) See this article here.
When you buy a Snapdragon Systems indicator product on Trading Heroes you will be directed to a download link. The file that you download is a zip file. So for example if you’ve bought the Simple RSI Alert indicator the actual file that you will have downloaded will be called something like:
SDS RSI Simple Alerts.ex4.zip
So like any compressed file, the first thing you need to do is to unzip it. You can either simply double click on it in order to enter the zip file (it’s basically treated like a folder) where you will see the file SDS RSI Simple Alerts.ex4. Next right-click on it and select Copy. You can then paste it where ever is convenient for you.
Alternatively you can right-click on the zip file itself and select Extract all.. which will then prompt you for a folder name where you want to unzip to.
Once you have successfully unzipped your file you should be left with a file with the following name (using the RSI Simple Alert as an example):
SDS RSI Simple Alerts.ex4
Once you’ve got the .ex4 file extracted the you can follow the usual steps for installing any indicator in Metatrader 4. See this post here for details.
Main Support FAQ Page